About Harbour VillaIn 1947 General Joseph Harris, a retired Canadian Cavalry General from WW1, established The Sleepy Lagoon as a rum-and-roulette hideaway on Dream Island. It was on the property which is now encompassed by the two condominiums. In 1957 Herb Field, a Longboat pioneer acquired the property and changed the name to the Buccaneer Inn. The building was located approximately where the Grand Mariner now stands. Subsequently several cabins were built where the Harbour Villa Club is now situated. From the beginning the Buccaneer Inn became a favorite destination, not only for residents of Longboat Key, but for those living on the other barrier islands and the mainland. Restaurant and bar guests arrived by car and by boat It was a great success.